Spring break has come and gone, and I have finally returned to the east coast. When I wasn't at home catching up with old friends, I found myself scooting around southern California with friends and family.
- The beaches down in San Diego are gorgeous! Although the sun was out, it got quite chilly as the day went on so dressing in layers was key.
- Balboa Park was right up my alley. I love visiting museums and sight seeing. Balboa Park holds attractions such as the San Diego Zoo, various museums, whale watching, and so much more. I wish that I could've spent more time here because I didn't get to see everything. I only visited the San Diego Natural History Museum, the Japanese Friendship Garden, and their botanical garden. Of course, it didn't help that I went on a Monday!
- Extraordinary Desserts. How do I even begin? My mother had found this delightful place and decided that it wound be a fun little surprise ending to our trip. I absolutely fell in love with the plating, and the desserts were scrumptious. I'm already craving this stuff, and who could hate fresh flowers on their strawberry shortcake. I topped off the treat with some kiwi lemonade.
- Class 302 is a place that serves Taiwanese food and I just had to swing by when I was in the neighborhood picking up a new pair of glasses. Their passionfruit tea was perfect and I'm totally counting down the days until I'm back in California so I can grab seconds!
- Lunching atop Neiman Marcus. My godmother took me out for lunch. I didn't realize there was a restaurant inside this iconic department store, but boy am I glad to have gone. Of course the dishes were delicious, and the view was beautiful.
- My friends and I drove through Malibu Canyon on the way to UCLA. We ended up meandering up and down the coast while stopping at random beaches. It was a relaxing drive, and we ended discovering random fun gems along the way.